Can I infer the type from this?

Dr.No jckj33 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 03:16:39 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 02:01:20 UTC, Alex wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 May 2018 at 01:41:03 UTC, Dr.No wrote:
>> I'd like to pass a symbol as paramater (class static member0
>> and at same time get the type of this, something like this:
>>
>> template myTemp(alias s)
>> {
>> 	enum myTemp = templateFunction!(??)(s.stringof);
>> }
>>
>> the templateFunction has this signature:
>>
>> int templateFunction(T)(string targetMembername)
>>
>> but I don't how to get the type name from the give symbol name
>> in myTemp. Can I make this work?
>
> Something like this?
>
> ´´´
> import std.stdio;
>
> void main()
> {
> 	size_t s;
> 	auto res = myTemp!s;
> }
>

> template myTemp(alias s)
> {
> 	enum myTemp = templateFunction!(typeof(s))(s.stringof);
> }
>

> int templateFunction(T)(string targetMembername)
> {
> 	static assert(is(T == size_t));
> 	assert(targetMembername == "s");
> 	return 42;
> }
> ´´´

Oh, my bad: I totally forgot a crucial thing on question: I want
this to work with a static member, for example, call myTemp like
this myTemp!(C.a) I don't mind if I to pass the type as parameter
somehow, like myTemp!(C, C.a) or myTemp!(C)(C.a) but I do need to
pass a symbol as parameter, hence I'm using alias template
parameter.