UFCS syntax I never saw before.

ANtlord antlord92 at gmail.com
Mon May 21 14:00:55 UTC 2018

On Monday, 21 May 2018 at 11:38:12 UTC, SrMordred wrote:
> After all this time I saw this:
>
> writeln = iota = 5;
>
> what??
>
> I never saw that before!
>
> This is interesting, there is something useful that i can do
> with this kind of call?

What the hell is this? I don't figure out why are there so many
syntax features? It doesn't make the language more easier. Is it
any reason to support 2 additional cases of function calling? We
have no literal for a tuple but we call a function via 3 cases.
I'm frustrated.

D has a lot cool features, I like D, but that is one of those
which make me doubt the language future. I don't play a big role
in the project but I talk to all my python co-workers: "You
know... so there so cool language, it's called D. It can do this
and that... It supports convenient static typing so you
definitely know what happens in a piece of code.". But something
like this make doubt about what happens in a piece of code. There
is static typing so I know that type a variable has, but I look
at a method calling and I ask: "Is it data field? No. Is it
property? No. Is it method? No. It's UFCS! Okay." And now I see
that UFCS can works the same way as a property!