Getter an lvalue and cannot be modified

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 23:54:14 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 27 May 2018 at 23:21:05 UTC, IntegratedDimensions
wrote:

> I came across a few posts mentioning this after the fact. It's
> been this way since at least 2012 so... It's now may so not
> sure how much longer we'll have to wait. That pull seems to
> have stalled. So close but so far away ;/

It's currently on me to finish the DIP, but I'd rather find a way
to implement this in the library, so we can deprecate @property
altogether favoring fewer, more powerful language features.  The
more I think about it though, that's probably not feasible.

Anyway, after I finish the DIP it will have to go through the
review process, and given the current rate of review, that's
going to take a very long time, unfortunately.

Mike