Why is stdio ... stdio?

Chris Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 17:36:54 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 09:11:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Friday, November 9, 2018 1:27:44 AM MST Kagamin via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 06:42:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>>
>> wrote:
>> > [...]
>>
>> You used markdown three times in your message.
>
> No, I didn't. I just used underscores, which has been used with
> plain text for emphasis for decades. Supporting markdown, would
> involve stuff like backticks for code highlighting, and special
> markup for urls - stuff that doesn't actually provide
> information to someone who's reading plain text but just gets
> in the way, whereas the underscores _do_ provide information to
> someone reading plain text.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

FYI, Allegro.CC just uses

<code>
int main()
  {
  return 0;
  }
</code>

as well as <pre> for pre-formatted "monospace" text.

Neither of those would pollute a mailing list in plain-text mode
because they'd exist only at the start and end of code. I'm sure
you had no problem reading my above code.