Why is stdio ... stdio?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Sat Nov 10 13:53:14 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 09:11:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> No, I didn't. I just used underscores, which has been used with
> plain text for emphasis for decades. Supporting markdown, would
> involve stuff like backticks for code highlighting

Backticks are from ddoc. What's the other way to indicate a code
fragment?

> markup for urls - stuff that doesn't actually provide
> information to someone who's reading plain text but just gets
> in the way

If the url is messy, it's already a mess. If it isn't, it's
easier to leave url as is than bother to markup it.

> whereas the underscores _do_ provide information to someone
> reading plain text.

I think what's really missing is code highlighting. Emphasis
isn't very useful, in your example the verb "do" is already
emphasis, so markup doesn't provide any additional information,
just gets in the way.