dip1000: why can't the addressee come into existence later?

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sat Nov 10 15:30:43 UTC 2018

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 11:47:24 +0000, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 06:56:29 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
>> Is this right?
>
> Are you sure you added @safe to the second example?
> https://run.dlang.io/is/2RbOwK fails to compile.

Maybe take another look at the post you're replying to? I was saying that,
if the compiler allowed one thing that looked safe to me, it would either
require nuance (check for scope guards, destructors, and the like before
saying something is un- at safe) or allow other code that is obviously
invalid.