Why is stdio ... stdio?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sat Nov 10 20:10:27 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 18:47:19 UTC, Chris Katko wrote:
> On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 13:53:14 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> [...]
>
> There is another possibility. Have the website run (fallible)
> heuristics to detect a snippet of code and automatically
> generate it. That would leave the mailing list people
> completely unchanged.
>
> [...]

Simply using markup convention used in stackoverflow and reddit
of formatting as code when indented by 4 blanks would already be
a good step forward. I do it now even on newsgroup like
comp.lang.c, the only newsgroup I still use via thunderbird
(yeah, for the D groups I prefer the web interface which is
really that good, contrary to all other web based newsgroup
reader I ever saw).