Why is stdio ... stdio?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Nov 10 23:29:12 UTC 2018

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 6:53:14 AM MST Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> On Friday, 9 November 2018 at 09:11:37 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
>
> wrote:
> > No, I didn't. I just used underscores, which has been used with
> > plain text for emphasis for decades. Supporting markdown, would
> > involve stuff like backticks for code highlighting

Backticks are not from ddoc. They're from markdown and only got added to
ddoc later. The fact that they got added to ddoc just further degrades it as
a proper, macro-based markup language. Regardless, if it isn't clear that
something is code, just put it on its own line, just like folks have been
doing in mailing lists and newsgroups for decades.

- Jonathan M Davis