How do I install a library?

greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:29:28 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 20:04:21 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 23:51:39 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> On Thursday, 8 November 2018 at 23:43:38 UTC, Murilo wrote:
>>
>>> It finally worked, but I can't just compile it normally, I
>>> have to use dub run, I wish it were something simple that I
>>> just download into the folder and then use an import
>>> statement and then compile it like any other program. I wish
>>> it were as simple as using std.stdio for example.
>>
>> Unfortunately your stuck with Dub if you want to use D. It's
>> an awful experience compared to Python and other scripting
>> languages, so I understand what you're saying, but most people
>> around here think Dub is the way to go.
>

> Stop bashing dub. Its completely fine for me. I don't get what
> OP mean by "simple" but:
>
> dub init
> add package name
> dub run
>
> ... doesn't look "not simple" to me.

It will pay some of us if you explain more on how to us dub. To
me dub is too difficult to us and is not user friendly. It is not
every body who is interested in Dlang is in a country with strong
internet connection. A tutorial on how to use dub will really
help. I don't need a link as i have gone through them but did not
help me. How i wish dlang tools will be as simple and user
friendly as the language itself.