Which Docker to use?

Jon Degenhardt jond at noreply.com
Sun Nov 11 22:59:43 UTC 2018

On Monday, 22 October 2018 at 18:44:01 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2018-10-21 20:45, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
>
>> The issue that caused me to go to Ubuntu 16.04 had to do with
>> uncaught exceptions when using LTO with the gold linker and
>> LDC 1.5. Problem occurred with 14.04, but not 16.04. I should
>> may well have been corrected. The issue thread is here:
>> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2390.
>
> Ah, that might be the reason. I am not using LTO. You might
> want to try a newer version of LDC as well since 1.5 is quite
> old now.

I switched to LDC 1.12.0. The problem remains with LTO and static
builds on Ubuntu 14.04. Ubuntu 16.04 is required, at least with
LTO of druntime/phobos. The good news on this front is that the
regularly updated dlang2 docker images work fine with LTO on
druntime/phobos (using the LTO build support available in LDC
1.9.0). Examples of travis-ci setups for both dlanguage and
dlang2 docker images are available on the tsv-utils travis
config:
https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils/blob/master/.travis.yml. Look
for the DOCKERSPECIAL environment variables.