version(StdDoc)

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Sat Nov 24 02:09:22 UTC 2018

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 17:21:25 -0800, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Ddoc may have its stink points, but in this case, the stuff inside
> version(Windows) blocks simply isn't compiled, so you can't expect ddoc
> to do much about it.  You can't just arbitrarily ddoc everything inside
> version blocks, because then you'll end up with ddocs for stuff inside
> version(none) and/or conflicting docs for alternative declarations in,
> say, OS-specific version blocks, or user-defined static if's.

That means that, instead of one site showing my project's documentation, I
need a separate site for every combination of platform and version flags.
And users who care about differences between platforms and version flags
need to manually cross-reference docs for every symbol and overload.

It's a pretty terrible status quo.