How to get all modules in a package at CT?

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Nov 25 08:07:59 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 November 2018 at 08:44:19 UTC, Domain wrote:
> I have a package named command, and many modules inside it,
> such as command.build, command.pack, command.help...
> I want to get all these modules at compile time so that I know
> what command is available.

As far as I understand there is s.th. called separate
compilations. Your program may is compiled in parts. Your logic
which loops over the modules only knows which modules are
available at the specific point in time.
I do not know whether there is some functionality which tells you
all modules available at compile time. But if this functionality
exists, you (the developer) has to be aware of separate
compilation and should have a plan how to mitigate. Either do not
use separate compilation or always force recompilation of all
source code files...

In would really like to have such functionality and also the
possibility to express in code: always recompile this part of
code (the loop over the modules) even in separate compilation. I
do not know whether that is technically possible...

Kind regards
Andre