D Language 2.1

Tony tonytdominguez at aol.com
Sun Nov 25 20:46:28 UTC 2018

 From std.compiler.D_major and std.compiler.D_minor I see that my
D language version is at 2.0 . But the version of gdc front-end I
am using (via Debian default gdc package as of a few months ago)
from std.compiler.version_major and std.compiler.version_minor is
at 2.68 . That is a lot of bug fixes, with 0 changes to the
language.

Actually, I realize that changes to the language are being
reflected in compiler versions, not language versions. Just
wondering why it was decided not to version the language (2.1,
2.2, etc.)