dip1000 rule 5

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:05:27 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 at 08:56:47 UTC, sclytrack wrote:

>> ---
>> How is a person able to understand this DIP?
>

> ./dmd -betterC -dip1000 test.d

I'll repeat: the DIP does not currently match the implementation.
I was not involved in any of it and have no idea what the diff
actually is. Walter informed me a while back that he will update
the DIP to match the implementation at some point. I'll discuss
it with him after the new year and see where we are.

>> ---
>>
>> How many DIP manager are there?
>
> I'll assume single person.

Yep, just me.

>> When is a DIP assigned a number?
>>
>> ---

As soon as I merge the PR. That's the point where it moves from
Draft Review to the first round of Community Review (and I will
update the procedures doc to reflect that). Which DIPs get merged
when depends on a number of factors -- what is the state of each
DIP, what's the priority, how many are currently under review in
the post-Draft stages, is the author available to move forward,
etc.