How to implement D to HTML pages ?

Aurélien Plazzotta aurevoir at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:27:04 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 2 October 2018 at 06:56:33 UTC, bauss wrote:
> On Monday, 1 October 2018 at 23:17:59 UTC, rjframe wrote:
>>
>> vibe.d has more of a node.js feel. There's also DiamondMVC[1],
>> which reminds me of ASP.NET (I'm not 100% sure whether that's
>> intentional, and I haven't tried Diamond) and includes an ORM.
>
> As the creator of Diamond, then I can say it's 100% intentional
> that it reminds of ASP.NET. It was originally just an
> alternative template engine to vibe.d to create views similar
> to razor, but now it's a full-stack web-framework specifically
> targeting enterprise development, hence why the similarities to
> ASP.NET.
>
> As described on the website (https://diamondmvvc.org/):
>
> "Diamond is build on modern principles using vibe.d, inspired
> by ASP.NET and razor templates."
>
> It can also be used in combination with vibe.d projects, in
> which you can just utilize the extra tools Diamond gives you
> such as some additional security, authentication, api creation,
> database management (ORM) etc.

Thank you both for all the links! I guess DiamondMVC is very
powerful but I would rather avoid using such heavy artillery. I'm
expecting the learning curve to be very long.

Do you know of template engines in D ? like Jinja2 in Python for
example. It would be way more lightweight and free-dependancies
compared to a fully featured framework like DiamondMVC, besides
the gain in time thanks to the simplicity of use.