custom sorting of lists ?

Codifies a at b.com
Fri Oct 12 19:40:28 UTC 2018

a while ago I wrote a doubly linked list (in C), which has a
compare callback to allow custom sorting for example

int cmpNodes(cnode_t* n1, cnode_t* n2)
{
   mapNode_t* rn1 = (mapNode_t*)(n1->data);
   mapNode_t* rn2 = (mapNode_t*)(n2->data);
   if (rn1->G + rn1->H > rn2->G + rn2->H) return 1;
   return 0;
}

would be called by

clistSort(openList, cmpNodes);

The list would then be ordered by G + H fields (or any other
algorithm you code)

I notice there is a doubly linked list in the standard library,
however it doesn't seem to allow for a custom compare, I'd rather
not port my old C list code, can someone please give me some
clues as to how I can reorder a list with a custom comparison...?