Pegged: spaces

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:18:18 UTC 2018

Is Pegged suppose to consume white spaces automatically?

I have some text like "abvdfs dfddf"

and I have made some rules to divide the two parts by a space.

The sub-rules are complex but none of them contain a space(' ',
they do contain spaces to separate the sub-rules).

The parser though is essentially ignore the space.

Sometimes it seems to work on certain rule construction and then
other times it doesn't.

Basically none of my sub-rules have any space and the main rule is

A ' '+ B

Where A attempts to parse the first half and B the second half.

But A consumes the whole string!

A does not consume any spaces though! (no . usage or ' ' in the
rule definitions that A uses)

I'd be able to limit the application of the rule to a substring
that sort of emulates splitting of the string.

hypothetically would parse each char for A but terminate the rule
when it encounters a space before A get to see the space. Is this
possible with pegged?

It's sort of a look ahead but it has to do it for each character
rather than (!' ' A) which would only check the first character
then continue on with A.