Example of using C API from D?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Sep 2 17:28:11 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-09-02 at 18:11 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:
> […]
> I am not sure if DStep is the right tool for creating a complete D
> binding to Fontconfig. Given that Fontconfig has a GIR file, using
> girtod may well be the better route.

It turns out that the GIR file is not usable, and so the girtod route
is not feasible. I shall try the DStep route. Failing that it seems
there is

https://github.com/WebFreak001/fontconfig-d

which is a manual transform of a snapshot of the C API, so not an ideal
way, but a definite backstop position. It seems someone has trodden the
"using Fontconfig in D" path before me.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200