x64 Privileged instruction

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 00:23:42 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 15 September 2018 at 18:05:58 UTC, Josphe Brigmo
wrote:
> I have always gotten these types of errors on x64 and, it may
> be my machine, it has happened with many dmd versions, visual D
> and visual studio...

Oh, you mean the message that appears in Visual Studio, not
stderr.

Exception handling in Win64 is very different than on Win32, so
that's probably it. Visual Studio probably doesn't know how to
extract the error message from a D exception in Win64.

If you run the D program without a debugger attached, you should
see the exception message on stderr (or a MessageBox, if you're
building a GUI executable).