std.process.execute without capturing stderr?

berni someone at somemail.de
Thu Sep 20 08:02:05 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 20 September 2018 at 07:36:06 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> Looks like `Config.stderrPassThrough` [1] should do what you
> want:
>
>     const result = execute(args[1..$], null,
> Config.stdErrPassThrough);
>
> [1]
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_process.html#.Config.stderrPassThrough

In theory that looks good. Unfortunatley it's a relativly young
feature which my compilers don't know about yet (dmd 2.079 and
ldc based on an even older version of dmd). So in practice I'll
probably have to wait until the next release cycle of debian in
spring 2019... (maybe for the time being I'll update dmd and use
dmd for this small part instead of ldc, but I yet don't know how
to tell CMake to use dmd for this one file... But I'll probably
figure this out.)