is there something like `stm32-rs` in D?

Radu void at null.pt
Wed Sep 26 08:51:11 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 05:55:49 UTC, dangbinghoo
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 05:24:08 UTC, Radu wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 26 September 2018 at 03:46:21 UTC, dangbinghoo
>> wrote:
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> https://github.com/adamgreig/stm32-rs looks great, is there
>>> something like this in Dlang?
>>>
>>> thanks!
>>> ---
>>> dangbinghoo
>>
>> You might take a look at
>>
>> https://github.com/JinShil/stm32f42_discovery_demo
>> and
>> https://github.com/JinShil/stm32_datasheet_to_d
>
> thanks, Radu, I knew that there's a minimal D demo on STM32
> exist for years. But, what I'm talking about is that rust
> community is doing a rust library for very production use. If
> you look at stm32-rs, you will found that stm32-rs is covering
> the whole STM32 MCU product line and making a promising
> peripherals library.
>
> The library was generated using CMSIS-SVD files which were
> maintained by MCU vendors.
>
> Anyway, I don't know what's the runtime size situation D vs
> rust. for those kinds of MCU devices, a runtime code size
> greater than 5KB may even not suitable for  L0 lines MCU from
> ST.
>
> It's not quite clear that whether D or rust is valuable for MCU
> development, but C is really lacking lots of things for quick
> development, today MCU is interfacing more IoT modules using AT
> command, and deal with these string things is quite painful in
> C. Maybe this is an opportunity for D?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---
> dangbinghoo

I think you should get in touch with Mike Franklin and see what
are his plans with the demo code. I know there were some blocking
issues and he was working to solve them.

Maybe the tool-chain and language is mature enough to revisit
this project and make it production ready. I'm not an MCU expert
but maybe you can join in with ideas and some insights and help
boot-strap a new project.