Can I create static c callable library?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Sep 27 22:04:53 UTC 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 09:48:50PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 September 2018 at 21:41:31 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > Though I'm not sure what will happen if your C program tries loading
> > two or more D libraries that use this trick... is rt_init()
> > idempotent?
>
> It just refcounts itself.

Does that mean we could potentially make this "trick" the standard
druntime initialization?  Then we could make things work by default
whether you compile a standalone executable or a shared library.

Though I'm not sure what happens if multiple libraries each ship with
their own copy of druntime...

Bomb technician: If I'm running, try to keep up.