Overloads not returning appropriate info. [Field reflunkory]

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 15:26:47 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 at 03:47:25 UTC, Alex wrote:
> What you need to tell me is why using .stringof is bad. You
> have simply conjured up a rule and are stating it but not
> giving any reason why it is not a good idea to follow when, in
> fact, not following can be shown to be beneficial.
>
> You can't expect to lead by authority. Give a good reason why I
> should avoid it and change my current ways and I will.

I have a couple times times now.

https://forum.dlang.org/post/nvpsrxxkfmbbxognjsit@forum.dlang.org

https://forum.dlang.org/post/fahrmmocegtthztzgkaa@forum.dlang.org

I go into a lot of detail in the link on the second link.

And the pains you are personally experiencing are a direct result
of stringof. If you were to actually following my rule, you'd
learn by doing how much better it is.

> So it seems like the same design flaw exists? Have any work
> arounds for that?

It won't work for private, you can use static if
__traits(compiles) as a filter to get rid of them.