D threading and shared variables

Archie Allison archie_allison at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 9 08:40:11 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 at 22:18:56 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Sunday, 7 April 2019 at 14:08:07 UTC, Archie Allison wrote:
>>
>> This generally works OK when tied to a Console but when link
>> options are changed to be SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS and
>> ENTRY:mainCRTStartup it rarely does.
>
> Manually setting the entry point sounds problematic if no other
> precautions are taken. Are you sure that druntime is
> initialized? See [1].
>
> - Johan
>
> [1] https://wiki.dlang.org/D_for_Win32

I changed the main code as described in the article but the
effect seems to be the same as just using the link options. Is
there anything obviously wrong with the variable declarations in
the code sample? It looks like having a console output window in
addition to just the GUI is having some sort of effect on
threading, sharing or timing.