Overloads not returning appropriate info. [Field reflunkory]

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:42:38 UTC 2019

On Monday, 8 April 2019 at 21:52:59 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 6 April 2019 at 12:20:28 UTC, Alex wrote:
>>  Error: variable
>> `std.traits.ParameterDefaults!(foo).Get!1u.Get` only
>> parameters or stack based variables can be `inout`
>
> so i think that is a bug in the phobos library
>
> see:
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/qbqvkcoexxtlvlxobzxn@forum.dlang.org

I appreciate you looking in to it instead of writing it off. It
basically proves my point that there are issues with D. These
issues tend too be subtle and creep in to code and then that
causes problems. I have been thrown off several times and when
things don't work out I assume it is my code and when it's not
I've already trashed my code trying to figure out what was wrong
with it. These are the real problems with D and they come from
two things: Not having a uniform and direct interface for
reflection. Not having proper unit testing done for traits.

D is so heavy in meta programming that maybe it is time for a
proper solution?