How to debug long-lived D program memory usage?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Apr 17 19:07:46 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-17 18:27, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> I am willing to recompile and run again, though I need to actually use
> the programs, so if instrumenting makes them unusable it won't really
> help. Is there a magic --DRT- argument perhaps? Or some trick with gdb
> attaching to a running process I don't know?

Perhaps try some of these flags [1] and [2]. I tried to look for other
`--DRT-` flags but unfortunately it's spread across the druntime code
base and not handled in a single place. There's no documentation and
there's no generic `--DRT-help` flag. It's a mess.

[1] https://dlang.org/changelog/2.067.0.html#gc-options
[2] https://dlang.org/changelog/2.068.0.html#gc-api-profile

--
/Jacob Carlborg