How to debug long-lived D program memory usage?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 22:33:33 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 17 April 2019 at 16:57:51 UTC, Julian wrote:
> It might be something obvious on visual inspection.

Huh, indeed this got me the biggest
obvious-in-retrospect-but-i-didnt-think-to-look-there win of the
day - the memory dump showed a super-bloated scrollback buffer in
my terminal emulator. I removed 24 bit color support and slashed
that in half, then instituted some limits to bring the peak down
a bit more.

Still have more to go, but this little thing actually added up to
a whopping gigabyte across my whole system.

> You can dump memory with

thanks for the tip!