How to debug long-lived D program memory usage?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:27:27 UTC 2019

On Friday, 19 April 2019 at 17:30:50 UTC, Alex wrote:
> I was thinking you might be doing stuff like running a security
> system that did computer vision, or some type of advanced house
> monitoring and control(voice activated doors or something) ;)

LOL, now *that* would be totally useless!

Of course, I can restart stuff, it is just a hassle, and besides,
I also wanna make sure my libs aren't too badly written.

> D should have a very good memory statistics library built(I
> guess it has something with the switches)... since it should
> have no issues tracking memory usage.

Indeed, I am sorta starting to make a hacky add-on module that
will provide some of that info. But I need to hook deallocations
too and haven't gotten that yet.

It'll be cool to get a report out of the program at any time that
tells me which lines have how much outstanding allocations.