Question regarding readf

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Mon Apr 22 22:29:50 UTC 2019

On Monday, 22 April 2019 at 22:08:33 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 04/22/2019 01:45 PM, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> following the example from
>> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/input.html,
>> I try to read a value from console on windows (powershell and
>> dos console).
>>
>> The code from the example does not work,
>> writeln is never executed.
>>
>> import std;
>>
>> void main()
>> {
>>      while(true)
>>      {
>>          string name;
>>          readf("%s", name);
>>          writeln(name);
>>          }
>> }
>>
>> also this doesn't work:
>> readf(" %s", name);
>
> The solution is to use readln, which regrettably comes too late
> in the book:
>
>   http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/strings.html
> Ali

I try to rewrite an example from another language. 4 values are
read from console. While readln with strip (and in 2 cases
to!int) works fine, it just not looks that good in comparison to
the other language.

I wonder wheter std.stdio is missing a readfln function. Which
executes readln, strips the #10#13 characters and then executes
formattedRead.
Does that make sense to you?

Kind regards
Andre