Memory management by interfacing C/C++

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 19:47:19 UTC 2019

On Monday, 29 April 2019 at 14:38:54 UTC, 9il wrote:
> On Saturday, 27 April 2019 at 22:25:58 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş
> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Hello Ferhat,
>
> You can use RCArray!T or Slice!(RCI!T) [1, 2] as common thread
> safe @nogc types for D and C++ code.
> See also integration C++ example [3] and C++ headers [4].
>

> RCArray (fixed length)
> [1] http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org/mir_rc_array.html
> RCSlice (allows to get subslices)
> [2]
> http://mir-algorithm.libmir.org/mir_ndslice_allocation.html#rcslice
> C++ integration example
> [3]
> https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm/tree/master/cpp_example
> C++ headers
> [4]
> https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm/tree/master/include/mir
An opencv d binding using ndslice substituting cv::Mat would be
useful like opencv-python using numpy. However, I started opencvd
about a month ago, and I am very new to d. For now, I am the only
contributor with zero mir.ndslice experience. When I gain more
experience with ndslice, I would try it as substitution for
cv::Mat. Thank you for links 9il. I will take a look at them.