Help me decide D or C

Aurélien Plazzotta here at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 20:02:08 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 1 August 2019 at 16:23:51 UTC, Alexandre wrote:
> On Thursday, 1 August 2019 at 15:42:08 UTC, a11e99z wrote:
>> On Thursday, 1 August 2019 at 15:17:11 UTC, a11e99z wrote:

> Right now, job is not a good criteria for me. I work in a not
> related field and I doubt I would get any job working with CS.
> That would be great, but I doubt it anyway, so it is more a
> hobby thing.

If penetrating a job segment-market is not a requirement, perhaps
you would take pleasure in learning F*. It is a pure functional
programming language based on logical-mathematical thought. It
meant to be a replacement for Coq, a proof-assistant turned into
general-purpose language.

In my opinion, this kind of paradigm would fit quite well in the
near-future RISCV technological and commercial market since their
technical specifications have been feature-ready.

Here is the official tutorial for F* language:
https://www.fstar-lang.org/tutorial/

I hope this kind of project is the last step before entering the
realm of quantum programming because it is time to embrace the
change.
Quantum mechanics are known since the 1930's, quantum physics
since 50's, quantum information since 70's, quantum computation
since 2000's. What are we waiting for quantum programming? Again
the same and always pathological syndromes remain: "not invented
here" and "it's if not broken, don't fix it."

But don't fool yourself, D is not for beginners. Ali Çehreli is a
very skilled programmer, ergo, he can't reason like a
new/starting programmer anymore, regardless of his patience and
kindness.