D1: Trying to update Juno Library to 1.076

jicman jicman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 20:33:30 UTC 2019

On Friday, 23 August 2019 at 19:35:52 UTC, a11e99z wrote:
> On Friday, 23 August 2019 at 17:50:52 UTC, jicman wrote:
>>>
>>> another try:
>>> zip ur dmd 1.076 folder (for easy restoring it when something
>>> go wrong)
>>> copy lib files from 1.046\lib\*.lib to 1.076\lib\*.lib
>>> try to compile program again with dmd 1.076
>>
>> TA-DAH!  Weird stuff.  The 1.046 libraries worked.  Very weird
>> stuff.  Now to try to figure out how that happened, since I
>> took **all** 1.076 from the download site.  Which means, that
>> it may be have outdated libraries.  That's for another day,
>> though.  Muchas gracias, as we say in Spanish.  But, I'll
>> translate for you, Thanks very much.
>>
>> josé
>
> oops!
> better to restore 1.076 back
> and copy only Windows libs (not all DRT and others)
> one by one till compilation errors dissapear:
> oleaut32.lib
> ole32.lib
> rpcrt4.lib

WHAT!!! YOU MAKE ME MOVE ALL OF THE LIBS TO THE WRONG PLACE?
Just kidding. He he he he...

I actually have more problems.  After fixing that problem, others
have surfaced.  How does one knows which which are the correct
names of the undefined symbols?  For example:

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.16
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2013  All rights reserved.
http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html
PMORpts.obj(PMORpts)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined __d_arrayliteralTX
c:\D\import\juno\locale\core.obj(core)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined __aaEqual

I have searched all over within the code for the project for
'__d_arrayliteralTX' and various pieces of that (\Wd\Warray, d,
literal, etc.), and have not found anything.  Just as 'Equal',
and nothing.  Is there a way to know what is the reference within
the code for those obscure symbols?

By the way, I have fixed all back to the way it was. ;-)  Thanks.
  The only problem now is trying to figure out where do these
symbols come from. Thanks again for the help.

josé