Pro programmer

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:51:07 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 25 August 2019 at 21:30:10 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
> If I want to be a pro programmer what language must I start
> with?

If it's deep understanding you want, start with assembly
language. Knowing how things are done down at that level—before
all the layers of abstraction are added—will give you an edge
over 99% of current coders.

It's the same with basic computer use. Wanna be a true expert
user? Get any version of Linux or one of the BSDs and restrict
yourself to using just the terminal for about a month. You'll be
amazed at how much you'll learn. It'll also give you a great
foundation for understanding coding.

And your typing skills will go through the roof.