problems with swig generated code

Martin DeMello martindemello at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 03:17:25 UTC 2019

I'm trying to add a D binding to a C++ project that already has a
swig definition file; you can see my attempt here:

https://github.com/martindemello/quackle/tree/d/bindings

but trying to run dmd over the generated file errors with:

$ dmd quackle.d
quackle.d(105): Error: undefined identifier SwigPendingException
in module quackle_im, did you mean struct SwigPendingException?

Looking at quackle_im.d, SwigPendingException is defined via

package struct SwigPendingException {

and used in quackle.d via

  if (quackle_im.SwigPendingException.isPending) throw
quackle_im.SwigPendingException.retrieve();