Java to D

Patrick tengai650 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 16:44:01 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 at 10:33:33 UTC, GreatSam4sure wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 August 2019 at 09:35:55 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> On 2019-08-28 10:14, GreatSam4sure wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> DWT is ported manually from Java. Here's a very short guide
>> [1]. That guide is probably written for D1.
>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I'm working on a tool do be able to automatically convert Java
>> code to D code [2]. It's been a while since I did any actual
>> work on that project. As far as I can remember, it can do a
>> syntactic translation of most Java code. What's remaining is
>> the semantic translation.
>>
>> [1] http://dsource.org/projects/dwt/wiki/Porting
>> [2] https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/jport/tree/dev
>

> Thanks i will check it up

Take a look at JavacTo  https://sourceforge.net/projects/javacto/

This is a java tool that uses the javac compiler to translate
java to another language.  And includes a java to D code set.

It is a very visual tool and has great animation during
translation and works well while using the java debugger. I
include “How to get started with Eclipse”.

You can find more translations statistics at this post:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/yuamvgsdfshgrbesmjlt@forum.dlang.org#post-yuamvgsdfshgrbesmjlt:40forum.dlang.org

Hope this helps....

Patrick