How bundles a Dlang application and all its dependencies into a single .exe package?

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Dec 2 03:04:46 UTC 2019

On 02/12/2019 9:05 AM, Marcone wrote:
> My program have Qt5 GUI that use dlls, icons, pictures, etc.
>
> How bundles a Dlang application and all its dependencies into a single
> .exe package?

Placing all your assets into an exe is usually done if the exe itself is
self extracting (and doesn't link against a shared library, dynamically
is fine). In other words it doesn't have your code linked in.

There is no one right way to do this.
As others have stated e.g. NSIS, Bin2d(mine).

Unless the size of the assets are small-ish, I wouldn't want it all to
be stored in the executable that contains your code. It would be too big
and have problems.

Keep them separate and have an installer if a zip archive isn't good
enough ;)