druntime 2.087 regression? (was: Old codebase stops compiling at 2.087)

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 17:15:00 UTC 2019

> On 11/17/19 10:45 AM, James Blachly wrote:
>
>> /home/james/dmd2.087/dmd2/linux/bin64/../../src/druntime/import/object.d(3453,36):
>> Error: cannot implicitly convert expression aa of type
>> shared(GSeqAllele[string]) to const(shared(GSeqAllele)[string])
>
> There's a subtle removing of the shared from the entire AA. Is that on
> purpose?
>
> i.e. I see shared(GSeqAllele[string]) in one, and
> shared(GSeqAllele)[string] in another.
>
> -Steve

Steve:

Sorry for the delay in replying. That is the runtime removing the shared
from the entire AA, not our code. I point out the change that induces
this with a link to github.

Should I move this discussion to the main D group? My primary concerns are:

0. Ask if it is intended behavior that the runtime cannot handle a
shared AA post 2.086.1?

2. Ask why this commit ("object: Declare private struct AA and fix aaA
function signatures ") not mentioned in the changelog for 2.087?

Thanks in advance