How add "version.txt" Version File by Command Line or by resources.res using dmd.exe

Marcone marcone at email.com
Tue Dec 10 20:03:50 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 8 December 2019 at 20:50:05 UTC, Marcone wrote:
> I want to add version to my program.
> I have configurated my version file "version.txt",  but I dont
> know how link this file to my program. If Need spec file,
> please send the exemple code of spec. Or is is possible add
> version file by dmd command line or resources. Thank you.

I found this solution:

I created a resources.rc file with this content below and
compiled with command: "windres resources.rc resource.res" and
link to program with this command: "dmd source.d resource.res"

2 ICON icon.ico
1 VERSIONINFO
     FILEVERSION    1,0,0,0
     PRODUCTVERSION 1,0,0,0
{
     BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
     {
         BLOCK "040904b0"
         {
             VALUE "CompanyName",        "ACME Inc.\0"
             VALUE "FileDescription",    "MyProg\0"
             VALUE "FileVersion",        "1.0.0.0\0"
             VALUE "LegalCopyright",     "© 2013 ACME Inc. All
Rights Reserved\0"
             VALUE "OriginalFilename",   "MyProg.exe\0"
             VALUE "ProductName",        "My Program\0"
             VALUE "ProductVersion",     "1.0.0.0\0"
     BLOCK "VarFileInfo"
     {
         VALUE "Translation", 0x409, 1200