unicode characters are not printed correctly on the windows command line?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 13:44:50 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 22 December 2019 at 06:11:13 UTC, moth wrote:
> is there any function i can call or setting i can adjust to get
> D to do the same, or do i have to wait for something to be
> fixed in the language / compiler itself?

It isn't the language/compiler per se, it is the library calling
the wrong function. See the code in the link in my last email -
if you call the Windows WriteConsoleW function directly it will
do what you want. The rest of the surrounding code in the link is
to handle conversions and pipes to files.