What would it take to bring preinstalled D language compiler in the major Linux Distributions?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 23 15:11:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 01:34:55PM +0000, BoQsc via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I would love to see D language available out of box in major Linux
> distributions and use without much care of installation. Anyone have a
> though about it? Was there any serious efforts to bring D language to
> Major distributions?

GDC and LDC are already part of the Debian archive.  I don't know what's
the migration status, but I'd imagine it's just a matter of time (if it
hasn't already happened) before it percolates down to all the Debian
derivatives. Just:

	apt-get install gdc

or

	apt-get install ldc

and you're good to go.

Don't know about the RPM-based distros, I'd imagine somebody has also
made packages for that by now.

"You are a very disagreeable person." "NO."