Difference in compiletime vs compiletime or compiler bug?

Sjoerd Nijboer dlang at sjoerdnijboer.com
Fri Dec 27 19:20:41 UTC 2019

On Friday, 27 December 2019 at 18:51:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 27 December 2019 at 18:49:32 UTC, Sjoerd Nijboer
> wrote:
>> Should concatenating the list and mixing that in work too?
>
> yeah that'd work too. As long as all the overloads are coming
> from the same source, D allows it.
>
> but if you add something manually in the struct then you have
> two sources again so this rule can bite back.

It's a completely generated body of a struct, so that won't be an
issue.
It was just convenient to have a static foreach loop and generate
some functions out of that by invoking a mixin template, which
will cause the scoping problem.

I'll probably generate the `string[]` using a function, join it
and then mixin the result to have it all in one scope.

I thought I had a valid usecase for mixin templates. :/
They're quite daunting beasts with these kind of constraints.