lld-link.exe: error: could not open msvcrt100.lib

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Fri Feb 1 13:52:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

lld-link was working fine on my windows pc. I set in global dub
settings file
architecture to X86_64. DMD was installed by extracting the zip
archive.

For python development ): I had to install "Build Tools for
Visual Studio 2017".
Now dub (lld-link) fails always with error message:
lld-link.exe: error: could not open msvcrt100.lib: no such file
or directory
lld-link.exe: error: could not open OLDNAMES.lib: no such file or
directory
Error: linker exited with status 1

My assumption is, the Build Tools installation somehow confuses
the link logic.
Is this a bug?

Kind regards
André