Singleton in Action?

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon Feb 4 09:15:20 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 3 February 2019 at 14:42:13 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> This morning I was Googling "singleton replacement" and someone
> on another forum said Factory would do the job. Anyone have
> thoughts on that?

It's usually replaced with inversion of control: the service
instance is passed as an argument to object constructors, a
related pattern is service provider when you need to access many
services. Though it needs a more involved code organization
compared to singleton. As for testing, singletons can be tested
if you provide a setter method that allows to set a custom
singleton instance.