C++ base class needs at least one virtual method

ezneh petitv.isat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:23:00 UTC 2019

Hello

While trying to make a 1:1 binding to a C/C++ lib, I got the
following issue:

I only have access to the .h header file, and in there I have
this:

class someclass {};
class otherclass : public someclass {};

When trying to translate that header file to D, I ended with the
following code:

extern(C++):
class someclass {}
class otherclass : someclass {}

But when compiling, the following error comes up:

Error: class `modulename.otherclass` C++ base class someclass
needs at least one virtual function

Am I missing something or is there a bug somewhere ?
I don't have access to the .cpp file and cannot see what are the
methods of someclass / otherclass are.

Any suggestion ?