Tricky DMD bug, but I have no idea how to report

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 03:50:32 UTC 2019

On Monday, 17 December 2018 at 21:59:59 UTC, JN wrote:
> while working on my game engine project, I encountered a DMD
> codegen bug. It occurs only when compiling in release mode,
> debug works.

Old thread, but FWIW, such bugs can be easily and precisely
reduced with DustMite. In your test script, just compile with and
without the compiler option which causes the bug to manifest, and
check that one works and the other doesn't.

I put together a short article on the DustMite wiki describing
how to do this:
https://github.com/CyberShadow/DustMite/wiki/Reducing-a-bug-with-a-specific-compiler-option