Tricky DMD bug, but I have no idea how to report

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Feb 8 23:30:44 UTC 2019

On Fri, Feb 08, 2019 at 10:45:39PM +0000, JN via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, I reduced the code further manually. It's very hard to reduce
> it any further. For example, removing the assignments in
> fromEulerAngles static method hides the bug.  Likewise, replacing
> writeln with assert makes it work properly too.

Pity we couldn't get rid of std.stdio.  It's a pretty big piece of code,
and there are plenty of places where it may go wrong inside, even though
we generally expect that the bug lies elsewhere.  Oh well.  Hopefully
somebody else can dig into this and figure out what's going on.

Hmm. I just glanced over the std.stdio code... it appears that somebody
has added @trusted all over the place, probably just to get it to
compile with @safe.  That's kinda scary... somebody needs to vet this
code carefully to make sure nothing fishy's going on in there!

For every argument for something, there is always an equal and opposite argument against it. Debates don't give answers, only wounded or inflated egos.