Handling big FP numbers

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:28:24 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 9 February 2019 at 03:21:51 UTC, Murilo wrote:
> Now, changing a little bit the subject. All FPs in D turn out
> to be printed differently than they are in C and in C it comes
> out a little more precise than in D. Is this really supposed to
> happen?

Like I said in my first message, the D default rounds off more
than the C default. This usually results in more readable stuff -
the extra noise at the end is not that helpful in most cases.

But you can change this with the format specifiers (use
`writefln` instead of `writeln` and give a precision argument)
or, of course, you can use the same C printf function from D.