Linux & DMD & GtkD

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:24:46 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 February 2019 at 10:38:10 UTC, Peter Jacobs wrote:

> Being an old linux user, I prefer make to dub, however, I do
> use dub to build GtkD and then I just use dmd to build my
> application program.

This appeals to me, too.

> dub clean
> dub build

Got this bit working after generating an sdl file. But I think
I'm missing something from this next approach:

> make
> dmd -w -g -debug -I=../GtkD/generated/gtkd \
> 	-oftest_rig_imperative test_rig_imperative.d \
> 	-L../GtkD/libgtkd-3.a
> ./test_rig_imperative

It's been literally decades since I used a makefile. Did I miss
the part where you the makefile was written/generated?

I'd also like to take this opportunity to express my deepest
gratitude to all you guys for all this help. Getting back up and
running in Linux has had its challenges and over the weekend, I
admit I almost gave up after just trying to get a desktop sorted
out. I won't bore you with off-topic details, but suffice to say,
my Focusrite audio interface has a mind of its own.

But to wake up this morning to this outpouring of help made me
feel tons better about it all. I have a build process [or five :)
] now and all the discouragement of the weekend is draining away.

Thanks, guys! Seriously. Thank you.