Windows Defender won't let me install DMD

Samir samir at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 19:44:56 UTC 2019

On Monday, 18 February 2019 at 16:32:26 UTC, belkin wrote:
> Obviously I need a compiler (which one is best ).

I too am a beginner (both at programming and at D).  I have been
sticking to the dmd compiler (over others such as gdc or ldc)
mainly because that is what the two reference books[1] I am using
to learn D have been using.

> But I also want an IDE and so far it seems Visual D would be a
> best choice.

I've been using vim as the syntax highlighting seems to work
pretty well out of the box but mainly because I am not familiar
with any IDEs.  Personally, I find that keeping things simple at
this point are probably better for the way I work and learn.

The good news is that I have found the people here to be quite
friendly and helpful when you run into issues.

Good luck!
Samir