Has anyone tried making a QtCreator plugin for D and what is your experience?

Mirjam Akkersdijk noreply at noreply.com
Sat Feb 23 10:43:06 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 January 2019 at 21:51:57 UTC, Laurent Tréguier
wrote:
> On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 20:10:40 UTC, Enjoys Math wrote:
>> On Saturday, 12 January 2019 at 16:09:22 UTC, Laurent Tréguier
>> wrote:

>>> Correction: a language server can simply be set up in the LSP
>>> plugin's options after the plugin has been enabled, so some
>>> amount of D support is achievable already.
>>
>> I see your links. Would you like to work on this together?
>> Social coding is more powerful than solo coding IMO.
>
> Is it necessary to make a plugin though ? Syntax highlighting
> can be downloaded directly through QtCreator's syntax options,
> and then the new bundled LSP plugin can be configured directly
> to use any language server.

As an avid C++ programmer I preferably work in QtCreator, though
my heart really tends toward D, for which I usually just use
plain old vim.

https://blog.qt.io/blog/2019/02/21/qt-creator-4-9-beta-released/

With the new version, they seem to improve on the LSP which they
introduced in the current version of 4.8. Has anyone tried it
yet? I would switch in a beat if it has full D support.